Commercial Buildings/New Owners/Tenants
Anytime a new tenant moves into a building or a new owner purchases a building, the Township must be notified so that the building space can be inspected for general fire safety and a new certificate of occupancy can be issued.
Building Zoning Permits
Building/Zoning Permits are required by the Township for, but not limited to the following:
- New construction
- Additions and structural alteration
- In-Ground and above ground pools
- Storage sheds, fencing
- Signs, patios, decks
- Temporary uses and structures
NOTE: Certain setbacks and constraints, as well as zoning requirements, would apply before issuing a permit.
Permit Issuance Fees are as follows:
- Zoning Permit – $10.00
- Building Permit – Construction work, either new or alterations, up to and including an estimated cost of $500.00 – $1.00
- Demolition of existing building – $1.00
- Construction work, either new or alterations over $500.00 and up to and including an estimated value of $2000.00 – $4.00
- Construction work, either new or alterations over $2000.00 and up to and including an estimated value of $1,000,000 – $2.00 per thousand or fraction thereof.
- Maximum fee for new construction or alterations, where estimated value exceeds $1,000,000 – $2000.00.
All work done pursuant to a Building Permit shall commence within six months from the date of issuance; thereof; otherwise said permit shall become null and void.
The Township would also like to take this opportunity to advise all residents that a Building Code has been established in Hanover Township, Lehigh County. Said Building Code will be enforced through a Building Inspector and will be subject to fees as set forth by Township Resolution.
In addition to and as part of the Building Permit Fee, a fee for each plan examination, building permit and inspections shall be paid in accordance with the Fee Schedule established for the same. Said Fee Schedule is available for review at the Township Building. Building Permits are required by the Township, for, but not limited to the following:
- New Buildings
- Major and minor building alterations and additions
- Mechanical and sprinkler installations and modifications.
Plans for the above work must be submitted to the Township for review by the Building Inspector. Fees for the plan review and inspections are as set forth by Township Resolution and can be picked up at the Township Building during normal business hours.
This page last updated on: February 10, 2014 at 5:24pm