Canal Park System
The Hanover Township, Lehigh County’s Canal Park System is located at 1960 Dauphin Street, Allentown, PA. This park provides the means for passive recreation in our community including:
- A towpath around lake connected to D & L Trail
- Four gazebos (with tables inside)
- Open grass areas with picnic tables
- Two horse shoe pits (must bring your own shoes and stakes)
- Two charcoal grills
- A 50′ x 85′ pavilion (18 10′ tables; accommodates 180-200 individuals)
- Restrooms (rental only)
- Two handicap porta pottys
- A Veteran’s Memorial honoring all branches of the Armed Forces
- 4.5 acre lake with two piers overlooking lake (no fishing or swimming allowed)
Improvements to the new park area have been undertaken. This park area includes the lake area, the existing parking lot, a storage facility on the property, as well as, the additional open area associated with the County Park System.
How do I reserve Canal Park?
- For Hanover Township, Lehigh County residents, reservation of Canal Park is free with a $250.00 refundable security deposit.
- For non-residents of Hanover Township, Lehigh County, the fee for Canal Park is $250.00 plus a $250.00 refundable security deposit.
Steps for Reserving Canal Park
- You MUST first call the Township Office at 610-264-1069 to check for park availability.
- If park is available, complete Web form below to reserve your date.
- By filling out this online form, your date is ON HOLD for one week giving you time to complete the next steps in the reservation process.
- Click here to download the Canal Park Application PDF.
- Complete this form.
- Mail it to the Township Office with your fee and security payments.
- If we do not receive the fee & security payments within ONE WEEK, the date will become open and may be reserved by anyone who submits the forms & money needed to reserve the park.
- If one week passes and you do not have your application and payment into the Township Office, you must call the Township Office again to check for park availability for your date and start the process over again.
This page last updated on: November 13, 2018 at 12:51pm